It goes without saying that you want to stand out from the crowd and create an impression. Your website should target the right market in the right way and get your visitors to take the required action.
A professional web designer/developer will bring you that and more:
- Credibility, a professional design gives visitors the right impression of your business.
- The look and feel should be consistent throughout all pages, allowing your brand to communicate in the right way to your target market.
- Your website should be easy to use and navigate, not something that your visitors will leave because they can’t find what they want.
- It should be accessible to all, for example non text items should contain descriptions for partially sited users.
- Security is a very important issue, especially if your website has input forms and login systems. Hacking is still a risk.
- Your website should conform to modern web standards and WordPress themes should pass the theme check standards.
- Getting ranked well in search engines is important, search engine optimisation should be built into the code, structure and content of your website. This forms the building blocks to stand you in good stead with SEO.
- Your website needs to render correctly across multiple web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari plus iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry. It needs to be thoroughly tested before launch.
- Your site should be mobile responsive and adapt to screen size, allowing your visitors the optimum viewing experience on every device from the largest TV screen to the smallest smartphone.
- Hiring a professional will allow you to use your time to do what you are good at, running your own business.
In summary, there is a lot to consider and it takes years of experience to design a website properly. Anyone can cobble together a website these days but does it hit the spot?