“I had never believed that working remotely with a designer on a new website could be so easy. Tracey communicates so well it made the whole process from Kenya to the UK hassle free. Many many thanks”. Millie Seagon
The Flower Hub are flower growers in Kenya, East Africa, employing just under 1000 staff. Their flowers are shipped all over the world, including the USA, Japan and Europe.
Millie came to me because the exiting website was old and out of date, she wanted something that portrayed her business and the amazing people who work within it. The new website should drive customer relationships and secure new customers by following on from initial contact made through brochures or trade show introductions. A solid platform that could be expanded in the future was also important; phase 2 will involve online selling to wholesalers. Millie had perfect images to tell the story and so we set to work.
The existing pink and green branding needed to be incorporated into the new design and I have used these colours throughout. A full width slideshow on the home page promotes the company and gives a great feel for the business. I created the block images, full of colour to represent the five ways of value. The next level of buttons is all about the people, making it clear to see what the company values most. Animated facts and figures add interest to the pages.
Built on the WordPress platform, this website is entirely scalable to meet Millie’s future requirements for an online store.
- Custom corporate website design using all of the existing branding and colours
- Custom WordPress development
- Fully editable content with the easy to use, WordPress content management platform
- Animated number counters create a more interesting view of statistics
- Super easy navigation, which adapts to a clickable menu icon for mobile devices
- Fully mobile responsive design, adapts to look good on all screen sizes
- Individual team profile pages
- Events section
- Google map and contact form
- SEO, search engine optimisation with SEO for WordPress
“I had never believed that working remotely with a designer on a new website could be so easy. Tracey communicates so well it made the whole process from Kenya to the UK hassle free. Many many thanks.”
This has been a great project to do and I wish Millie and her team every success for the future!