Forgotten houses are a holiday rentals agency providing holiday homes in Cornwall, Ireland and Wales.
The existing website was very old and difficult to update, Helen had to rely on a web developer even when making the smallest changes. Forgotten Houses provide online booking via a specialist provider and these pages also needed to be fully customised to match their main website. The outdated structure was not search engine friendly or suitable for mobile devices. Visitors were only staying on the site for a very short time, not long enough to book!
The brief was to provide a website to showcase the properties, increase sales and reduce the delay in getting changes done.
A new website was created to make it easy for visitors to find the perfect property for them. SEO work was carried out to ensure a better ranking in Google. Home page features such as full width image slider and featured properties, showcase the quality of the holiday houses. Customised calls to action buttons and boxes blend with the theme and stand out to encourage vistiors to view more/book etc. To finish off the footer on all pages, I created a collage of doors and windows. I also styled their online booking pages to match the rest of the site. The main font is modern with the more traditional Georgia used for titles.
- A home page image galleries shows off the quality of the properties and the locations.
- Image galleries have been introduced for each property to showcase several stunning images for each property.
- Featured properties on the home page update on each page load and keep content fresh.
- Call to action links (book now) are more prominent
- The site is considerably easier to navigate
- The content management system allows the client full editing capabilities. Uploaded images automatically resize to fit the spaces. The client can manage everything from text to Google maps.
- The back end booking system, provided by Holiday Bookings Online is full integrated into the site, giving the visitor a seamless online booking experience.