A holiday property listings website providing access to a full range of properties all over Kenya. Properties are listed for holiday rental by the owners direct.
“Thanks a million. Have paying customers coming in! So exciting.. Feedback on the look of the site has been amazing, everyone so impressed! Well done you!!! Another success .. read more”
A brand new business for owners to advertise their holiday properties in Africa. The principal idea was for owners to upload their own property details and manage their availability calendar, in a similar way to sites such as Owners Direct (but with a more appealing design). The brief was to provide a very attractive website with a holiday feel that was extremely easy for potential holidaymakers to navigate. The emphasis was to be on the quality of the presentation for each property.
Kenya Holiday House already had their own logo and required a colour scheme to match their branding. They also requested that the site be accessible via mobile devices.
The full screen image on the home page, immediately immerses the visitor in the beauty of Kenyan holidays. Feature property sections portray the atmosphere for self-catering holidays in Kenya. Kenya holiday house had a logo already, which was in blue and green, so the design was created to blend with their branding.
Search is very important for visitors to the site and they are able to search by location and requirements, by date or by keywords. Well presented, high quality property pages have lots of information and large image galleries, all laid out in a simple to read format. Owners can upload their own properties including photos, they also pay online for their listings. Buttons are customised to match the design and coloured red to encourage the visitor to take action.
- This is a fully content managed site. The client is able to edit all page and listings content.
- The home owners themselves are able to upload their property details, images and manage their availability calendars through a very easy to use admin interface.
- Site administration must approve all listings before they go live. They also have the ability to send invoices through the admin interface.
- Properties are attractively displayed on their individual pages with thumbnail image galleries, at a glance features, clear contact information and availability calendar.
- Visitors are easily able to share a property listing through a range of social media platforms.
- Comprehensive and advanced search.
- All images resize automatically to fit the relevant spaces.
- There are advertising blocks placed throughout the site, another revenue stream.
- Search engine friendly for Google and major search engines.
- The site is fully responsive and adapts to screen size for mobile and tablet devices.
Tracey Rickard has created our second website for us, www.kenyaholidayhouse.com. Our first website was a huge challenge, and as beginners to website creation she held our hands throughout the entire process and helped give us the knowledge and training with which to not only succeed, but tempt us to create another! We provided Tracey with a design brief for the website, which she not only delivered on, but exceeded our expectations. Tracey has the ability to translate the business concept from paper to website, and take it to another dimension, adding design excellence and attention to detail. With the added complication of being located in Nairobi, we have found working with Tracey a pleasure. No task or request was ever too much trouble and she has the ability to deliver on time and work to precise deadlines.
Tracey has excellent work ethics and is a consummate professional.
We wouldn’t work with anyone else!
Thanks as always Tracey.