Penwartha area based near Perranporth Beach and rent out holiday cottages all the year round. They have a great community around them and wanted to bring this into the site by way of regular news updates.
The existing website for Penwartha cottages was very out of date and needed a refresh. They wanted to have something clean and crisp, inviting and current, that provided a showcase for their stunning images. Tracey had some experience with WordPress and was impressed by it, so she wanted to use it for this website. Penwartha have a good existing client base but they are looking to drive new business and increase bookings overall. Online booking functionality is supplied by SuperControl, which would also require integration.
Full screen images showcase the properties and the area and set the scene, so visitors can see and feel what it would be like to stay at these lovely holiday homes. The semi-opaque header lays over the image to allow the image to use the whole page and I recreated the logo in soft grey to match the new design. The main font is Century Gothic, clean and modern and the secondary titles and navigation use the Quicksand font, the two go together well. The properties have image links at the footer of each page for the visitor to click and book. Individual properties have large image galleries, details and Google maps. SuperControl Online booking integrates seamlessly into the site.
- Clean crisp and contemporary website design, a pleasure to work some lovely images
- WordPress content management system.
- Blog – As we all know by now Google likes content that is refreshed regularly and a blog is a great way to do this.
- Full width image galleries are big and bold showcases
- Online availability and booking – SuperControl booking engine is fully integrated into the site
- This website is very easy to use and fully responsive to adapt for mobile devices