Many people cannot get their heads around social media, some just don’t want to. Whatever we feel, social media is huge and cannot be ignored. Huge brands are using Facebook and Twitter every day to market their wares. Here are some global statistics, which definitely make you think.
- Over 50% of the population are under 30
- 1 in 5 people today meet online
- If Facebook was a country it would be the third largest
- A new member joins linked in every second
- 50% of UK mobile internet traffic is Facebook
- Email is becoming passé in Universities
- YouTube is the worlds second largest search engine
- 93% of marketeers use social media for business
So, once you have set up your new Facebook page or Twitter account flaunt them on your website. Add feeds so that people can see what you are up to, get them to follow you and build your social media relationships. Add links so that people can join you and interact through Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Stumble, LinkedIn to name but a few.