Source Energy specialise in renewable energy. They have been installing ground and air source heat pumps in the Southwest of the UK for more than 8 years. They have done more than 400 installations.
“Thank you very much for the redevelopment of our website – we are really pleased with the appearance and navigation. You have incorporated everything we have asked for in our brief and have found great solutions to Source Energy’s needs. The user guides you provided have made it really easy for us to learn how to add and edit content, and we are grateful that you have responded to all of our queries promptly throughout all stages of development. We have already received compliments from our manufacturing partners and existing clients, as well as new leads through the request a quote form. Thank you for a great site and great customer service.”
The purpose of the website is to promote awareness, provide credibility through case studies, increase leads and reduce call outs by giving more guidance online. Source Energy needed a content management system and for the site to work well on mobiles. Source Energy already had their own design ideas with the green grass and blue sky theme to enforce the green message. This was to form the basis of the design.
The design was clearly specified by the client. A blue sky and green grass background, which I created by merging two images. Blue and green are then used throughout the site as main theme colours. The large icons that sit at the top of the page were created by Source Energy themselves. Clear calls to action ask the visitor to get in touch or to subscribe to newsletters. The site is full of information and help. Case studies give the visitor a feeling of security and trust in the brand.
- The website was built on the WordPress open-source framework to deliver a very easy to use and robust website that the client could completely self manage. This is also the best platform for increasing functionality and scaling up in the future.
- Navigation is comprehensive but simple for visitors to get the information they want quickly.
- News, testimonials and promotions feed through to the home page and sit alongside the main page content.
- Image galleries display large images for easy viewing.
- Business unit pages have their own sidebar menus for visitors to navigate easily within their section of interest.
- Sidebars on other pages display content relevant to that particular page.
- A Google Map with pins plots every location where Source Energy have an installation throughout the UK.
- Newsletter sign up boxes.
- Google placing was very important and the client now returns page one positions for their principal keywords
- Contact and feedback forms that store information in the database as well as sending by email are installed.