“We would also like to say a special thank you to Tracey Rickard who designed the site; for all her hard work, skill and trust, ‘…Thank you Tracey’.”
The existing website was static and did not allow Wendy to make any updates, plus the image galleries had been created in Flash, which did not work on iPads and iPhones.
Wendy wanted a brand new clean and fresh site to show off the salon and to introduce a new e-commerce platform to sell beauty products online. A content management system was required to allow full editing, blogging and product management. The site was to include full shopping cart and checkout functionality.
I chose a pale blue with white to keep it soft and clean, perfect for a beauty salon. I created the main images with soft pastel backgrounds incorporating a themed product with text or photos. The hand drawn orchid used in the sidebar also features in other areas to give a unique touch. Buttons and icons match the theme and sharing buttons throughout the site enforce the brand via social media. The shopping experience is smooth via PayPal, which enables a quick checkout process.
- A WordPress site to provide all of the necessary editing/CMS capability and flexibility.
- E-commerce – visitors can register or make a one-off purchase. Products are clearly displayed in grid format. Simple checkout process with easy to view shopping bag.
- Social media sharing options are included with links to Facebook and Twitter.
- A blog enables the client to provide regular updates on products and services.
- Newsletter subscriptions and easy generation of newsletters when new posts are added.
- Appointment request forms.
- A sidebar clearly displays important information such as opening hours.
- Search engine friendly for Google and major search engines.