Ecommerce Website design for online wool store built with WooCommerce on WordPress.
Gorgeous Yarns specialize in natural yarns to knit and crochet with, lovely fibres which make creating something beautiful a pleasure.
This is a brand new business wishing to sell online – creating a shop for visitors to come to, not just to buy yarn but also to feel part of a community where they could learn techniques and keep up with news. Gorgeous Yarns were clear that they needed a platform that they could scale up in the future as business and stock grows.
Caroline at Gorgeous Yarns expressed that she liked beige, creams and pinks so that’s what I used for her website design. I coloured their buttons and social media icons to match the theme and I used dotted lines between sections to represent stitching. Large images on the home page showcase the products and set the scene. There are a mixture of fonts, a plain font for the main text, the more traditional Georgia for some of the headings and a more arty script font used in a couple of places to tie in with the font Caroline used for the logo. Caroline is easily able to manage her products and blog posts with WordPress.
What a fab project! The Clients were very clear about their requirements and it all came together very well. Working with lovely images is always a bonus and there were plenty of those. Caroline even drew her own logo!
- Custom mobile responsive website design
- WordPress design – providing CMS editing capabilities
- Online store with WordPress WooCommerce beautiful product layouts and galleries
- Smooth checkout process with PayPal makes it easy to buy
- Ability to view products by brand, composition or type
- Super easy navigation, quick to find products
- Blog with large images has great impact – Caroline is an excellent blogger!
- Social Media feeds and links, MailChimp Newsletter sign up
Hello Tracey ! We have had our first sale!! Thrilled! Feedback is really positive about the site, thanks to you. We really can’t thank you enough for all your input and guidance, you have been brilliant! And VERY patient!!
« Back to my portfolio or view more freelance web design projects via the quick links below.