Holiday rental web design with WordPress for an events company and safari operator, galleries and blog.
Deep in the heart of Laikipia, one of Kenya’s most spectacular game viewing areas, stands the perfectly restored colonial era Mukima House. Twin gables, cedar framed windows and large sweeping verandahs overlook the rolling lawns towards the private dam.
Mukima wish to have a new holiday rental web design because they do not feel that their existing website fully reflects the house and it’s qualities, they felt that it was badly in need of updating. The location has a lot to offer and the purpose of the new website is to attract new clients and to tempt previous visitors to return. Above all, Leslie wanted to make much more use of their stunning photographs.
The website is a fully content managed WordPress design. The new web design definitely reflects the beautiful house and its qualities. The existing logo was retained. Full screen background images create a showcase for the photographs and engage the visitor as soon as they arrive. Cream, beige and safari green colours reflect the safari environment. I created a background image for the footer, another opportunity to set the scene. Large rotating galleries make sure every photo is included and work hard to showcase every corner of the property. The main font is Open Sans, modern and easy to read, with traditional Georgia for the titles, the two work well together.
Great people to work with and a beautiful project to complete, I have enjoyed every minute!
- Custom holiday rental web design keeping existing logo
- Full screen background images create impact and give a real feel for the experience
- WordPress platform providing the client with full CMS editing capabilities
- Blog with a beautiful grid layout, enabling visitors to see lots of posts at a glance
- Custom social sharing buttons in green to match
- Sliding content panels enable lots of content to be added in smaller spaces
- Adapts to work on any device
- Facebook integration
- Search engine optimisation
First of all WOW! LOVE IT!! All in all, AMAZING WORK, THANK YOU!! … we haven’t worked with such a professional, quick and un-fussy designer before, so we really do mean it!