A lot more to consider with online selling
I talk about e-commerce separately because it is specialist stuff. I build e-commerce websites with WooCommerce and WordPress. With over 30 million downloads, WooCommerce powers over 28% of all online stores. WooCommerce is now the most popular eCommerce platform on the web (stats from Builtwith), so you can rest assured you’re in good company.
What I do:
- Create beautifully designed e-commerce websites
- Create a showcase for your products
- Make it easy for your customer to buy
- Make it easy for you to manage
- Set up payment gateways like PayPal, SagePay or WorldPay
- Follow the rules and laws of online selling
In the end all you want to do is generate sales and grow your business – success!
- E-commerce websites must drive the visitor at ever stage to make their purchase without any hurdles.
- Check-out processes need to be simple and streamlined, there cannot be any barriers when converting a sale.
- Must be search engine friendly, your website comes up in the search results for individual products.
I will make sure you comply with the EU consumer rights directive and stay up to date with consumer protection measures. Not doing so can be costly. It’s important, I use a check-list to make sure we don’t miss anything.
A great design goes without saying, your product display must be stunning to get that vital next click from your buyer. The product detail must have a good description, great photos and a clear “add to cart” button. Social media sharing is vital because online stores are amongst the most shared sites on the web. Other product suggestions should be clear but not diverting.
If you do your e-commerce website really well it will work for you to generate sales but it is specialist stuff. Everything needs to fit together to make it work from web design to development. It’s important to hire a professional to do this for you because that leaves you free to get on with the important things – running your business.