This is a website design for a country house in a brochure style with WordPress CMS and blog.
Bosvathick is a grade II listed Georgian house, built-in 1760 and substantially extended in Victorian times. It’s wonderfully quiet, being hidden in the heart of the countryside and with a long drive. It’s surrounded by 10 acres of garden, including a 3/4 acre lake, home to several breeding pairs of duck, geese and moorhen. They provide visitor days, whereby the public are able to tour the house and have tea in the garden (weather permitting) afterwards. They also offer luxury B & B. Bosvathick is situated near Falmouth on the beautiful southwest coast of Cornwall.
The current website was technically out of date and not mobile responsive. The business had expanded to other areas including garden and house tours and the whole thing needed to be more promotional. Bosvathick wanted to retain their existing green colour scheme and the traditional air of a house built-in 1760s.
Built on WordPress, This website design is both traditional and classic to represent the classic elegance of Bosvathick. Retaining a traditional look and the original green colour scheme but creating a complete feel for what it would be like to stay at Bosvathick House. Script style fonts enforce the traditional style. The logo image has a slate background taken from one of the original images of the house. I created a large image montage on the home page to set the scene from the start. The visitor can browse through the image galleries to get a real feel for what it would be like to spend time at this beautiful location.
It is a WordPress custom theme design and so the client is able to edit and add new content and images with ease. It is fully responsive from large TV to the smallest mobile.
- A traditional and classic website design to match the atmosphere of the house
- Mobile responsive design, a liquid layout that adapts to any device.
- WordPress design, a content management system, giving complete control of content
- Thumbnail image galleries, all images in the website resize automatically to fit the space.
- Blog allows them to keep the site regularly updated with new content, which is good for Google.
- Excellent feedback via Trip Adviser is also featured on the site.
- Google map.
« Back to my portfolio or view more freelance web design projects via the quick links below.