Ecommerce design for children’s author on WordPress. With WooCommerce and WordPress.
Helen is an author of children’s books, which cover a range of topics focussing on life, nature, and the universe. It is all about learning and is a shared activity for parents and children.
Helen wanted a central hub for all of her books and the ability to sell on-line. She wants to broaden her product range to cards, posters and who knows! There is no limit to the number of products that can be included.
This is a brand new e-commerce website with shopping cart and checkout, utilising the WordPress platform for easy uploading and product management.
The beautiful illustrations bring this site to life and I designed a colour scheme in soft pastels including customised social media buttons to match. I overlaid the illustrations onto a background to create a full width image slider on the home page. Playful font styles, as used in all of the books, fit with the marketing of children’s products. Individual product pages, built with WooCommerce and WordPress are well laid out with lots of photos. Helen sells not only her books but also a selection of greetings cards. Checkout is easy with PayPal.
- Development for a children’s author on WordPress, replacing fonts, colours and graphics.
- Use of existing graphics created for the Hellie’s World series of books.
- Online store built with WooCommerce and WordPress, Easy checkout with PayPal
- Related products and product ratings
- Product galleries with unlimited description text
- Blog with featured images and visitor commenting
- Portfolio of poetry
- Social media links and Facebook feed integration
- Mobile responsive, adapts to work on any device from desktop to tablet to mobile
“Thank you, you have done a very speedy job and I really like the simplicity and colours you have chosen for the site.”