I provide impactful websites that will delight your visitors and generate sales. I work with small and medium sized businesses in the UK and across the World.
- I will research your business, with your help, to understand key drivers for the success of your website.
- We will look at other websites that you admire for both design and functionality
- I’ll create your unique, bespoke web designs and we’ll review and tweak them until you are 100% happy.
- Then I will build your website and code it to modern standards.
- I will test it, extensively, on a whole host of devices and browsers.
- We’ll go live within 6 weeks of the project start – (as long as you are ready)
- I will continue to support and guide you for the next 6 months whilst you work with your new content managed website.
Think you would like to work with me? Complete the questionnaire or send me your brief »
Every website is different, so there is no defined price list. Custom designed websites start at £2,500 and go up in price depending on the functionality required. A fully functional eCommerce site could be double that. My websites are completely scalable, so you can always add functionality over time to suit your budget and business needs.
What will it mean to you?
- A bespoke website, tailored to your goals for success. A fully scalable, responsive and beautiful web presence.
- A unique design – no off-the-shelf themes or templates here!
- A website that is Google friendly and mobile responsive.
- A reliable content management system that is easy to use, with user guides created just for you.
- 6 months free support from go-live as you become familiar with managing your new website.
- Rapid response. Communication is key and you will always receive quick responses.
- You will receive excellent service, the aim always to exceed your expectations.
- Your project will be delivered on time without any fuss.
- All you need for your entire project, from design to technical implementation, all under one roof.
- A professional and experienced freelance website designer with a proven track record.
- A WordPress specialist who keeps up with the latest technology and advancements.
- Masses of sales & marketing experience from a previous career with a blue-chip corporate.
Questions and Answers
The short answer: to build a fabulous impactful website that will drive your visitors to do what you want them to!
To focus on the credibility of your business and provide a consistent brand message.
First impressions are everything and choosing the right graphics, colour schemes, fonts and layouts are vital if we are going to attract your target market.
You need a great user interface and user experience
We need to dig deeper too, find out who you are talking to and what you want them to do when they visit your site – encourage them with clear calls to action.
We can’t forget content strategy, the written elements of your website need to correspond with your brand vision and your goals. The success of your site depends on a clear content strategy.
Good coding goes without saying. The website needs well structured, secure and standards compliant coding, plus be SEO friendly and mobile responsive.
We need to communicate and keep communicating through the whole process. It’s important that there is total clarity between us, so I have a complete understanding of your business, your product, your vision, your objectives and your customers. Then, when I produce a bespoke web design for you, there is a very strong chance that you will love it straight away.
Not all web designers are equal and it’s important that you know who you are dealing with. Check if they have a proven track record and longevity, what do their clients say about them? It’s important that you get a written quote and there is a definitive process. Will they provide you with ongoing support?
I build custom designed WordPress websites, I don’t use ready-made themes or templates. This means that your website will be completely unique to you.
It will be flexible enough to do anything you want it to, there really are no restrictions. I’ve designed and built lots of different WordPress sites for many purposes. There is really nothing we cannot achieve in terms of functionality.
Easy to Manage – I will make sure that every bit of content you need to edit is easily accessible. Custom admin pages make managing content intuitive and easy to do.
After nearly a decade I love creating with WordPress more than ever. There is some seriously exciting stuff coming along for the future too. WordPress has grown to be the largest content management system in the world and the most popular open source CMS platform today, used on millions of sites but some of the biggest companies across the globe.
WordPress is scalable, lots of features and extensions allow you to adapt your website to meet the needs of your visitors, be that now or in the future. You can add functionality as you go to meet your business needs and your budget.
The popularity of WordPress is quite simply because it is so easy to use and a shallow learning curve for website owners. If you can use Microsoft Word and Facebook, WordPress will be a breeze. You don’t need to be a technical guru to add and edit text, images or even video.
What’s more hundreds of people work on improving WordPress year round, so you know that it is a platform that is a great choice for today and for years to come. I choose WordPress for my clients because it is the most versatile and best supported open-source CMS platform available.
The structure of your website development is pivotal to success. It must be web and WordPress standards compliant.
Here’s what I do:
- Code with up to date and reliable technology.
- Use the most contemporary methods to ensure that your website is future proof.
- Test on a range of devices.
- Stick like glue to the WordPress theming guidelines
- Stay with you after the project to keep your site up to date
- Give you loads of help and support
What I don’t do:
- Blind you with geek speak!
Staying in touch with my clients means that their websites evolve over time. Ongoing tweaks and upgrades here and there will keep your website current and ensure that you don’t have to plan for a huge financial outlay in a few years time.
Search engine optimisation is built in from the ground up on all sites. Helping ensure that your visitors will find you on Google and the major search engines. I also use a top SEO plugin to ensure that your metatags are taken care of.
I’ve had plenty of success with Google over the years, with clients benefiting from page one rankings on many of my web development projects.
Speed is very important to Google. A fast loading site on desktop and mobile will help your rankings.
Structured data is important for Google to understand your content and to ensure that when you share on social media your data is correctly formatted.
Google’s mobile-first index means Google will create and rank its search listings based on the mobile version of content, even for listings that are shown to desktop users. It is vital that your website is optimised for mobile and all of the necessary elements taken care of.
Everything is done during the website design and build to ensure your site is optimised but if your keywords are subject to a lot of competition you will need to do a bit more to get a good ranking. Blogging and social media will raise your profile.
Responsive web design is essential today, I don’t build anything else. Particularly as Google has started to use the mobile version of the web as their primary search engine index. Known as the ‘mobile-first index’.
Adapting for all devices and browsers gives your users the best experience. Google reports on its blog that 61% of visitors leave a website it if is not mobile ready and responsive web design is best practice. Read about Google’s Take on responsive web design »
The main thing is that you deliver the same content via mobile as you do via desktop. Quick page load times are vital, visitors are on the move and need information immediately.
With Responsive Design we adapt our website designs for device types and screen sizes. It’s a bit like pouring liquid into a glass, adapting to fit the container. Below is a basic example showing a smart phone, tablet and desktop scenario. You can see how the columns adapt their size to better suit the device.
Menus need to be adapted to be usable on mobile an example of this would be the hamburger style click button. Other buttons must be easy to use with enough finger space around them. Everything must function on touch screens.
Having done all of that it needs to look gorgeous!
There is a lot to consider with eCommerce online selling, it’s specialist stuff!
I build eCommerce websites with WooCommerce and WordPress.
With over 30 million downloads WooCommerce is now the most popular eCommerce platform on the web, so you can rest assured you’ll have chosen a great platform.
A fabulous design goes without saying, your product layouts must be stunning to get that vital next click from your buyer. Individual product pages need a good description, great photos and a clear “add to cart” button. Online stores are amongst the most shared sites on the web, so social media sharing is a priority.
What I do:
- Create beautifully designed eCommerce websites to showcase your products
- Make sure check-out processes are simple and streamlined to make it easy for your customer to buy. eCommerce websites must guide the visitor to make their purchase without any barriers.
- Make it easy for you to updat and manage your products through the website back end.
- Set up payment gateways like PayPal, SagePay or WorldPay
- Follow the rules and laws of online selling, consumer protection measures and EU consumer rights
- Make sure you have an SSL certificate and a green padlock
Complete focus on generating sales and growing your business – success!
I provide 6 months free support for all of my new WordPress projects to give you absolute peace of mind.
With WordPress it is necessary to carry out plugin and platform updates, take site backups and monitor the health to ensure there is no malware or hacking present.
You can of course do this yourself and by the end of the free six months support period you should be comfortable with maintaining your website. However, some clients prefer me to do it for them and take out a WordPress maintenance contract. This is completely optional.
OPTION 1 – £35 per month
- Updates to the main WordPress platforms, themes, and plugins (twice weekly/as required)
- Verify site after updates
- Malware and security scans
- Removal of spam comments and excess post revisions
- Full site backups (both database and files)
- Restore your site from backup in an emergency
- Help and support with using your WordPress site during office hours (Mon-Fri 08:30-5:00 excluding bank holidays)
OPTION 2 – £70 per month
- All of the items included option 1
- WordPress content updates
- Portfolio update
NB. The WordPress maintenance contract does not include hosting support or email support (good hosting companies will offer a professional and accessible helpdesk).