1. Click on add new user in your WordPress admin dashboard
2. Add the details for the new user.
i) Make sure your username differs from your public display name.
ii) You cannot use an existing email address for the new user but you will be able to change this later
iii) Use a mixture of upper case, lower case, numbers and symbols for your password.
iv) Set the user role to administrator.
3. Log out of WordPress and login again with your new user details.
4. Click on users and select the admin user to delete.
5. Click on delete. Make sure you do not delete the posts – here you allocate all of the posts created by admin to your new admin user.
That’s it, the new admin user is in place. You can change the email address through the user panel now.