More wonders of WordPress. It is easy to embed Video from YouTube or Vimeo. Plus embed Twitter, Facebook & Instagram posts into your WordPress page or post. No more worrying about HTML code embeds, all you need is the web address for the item you want to embed and you can paste it straight into the WordPress editor.
Embedding a YouTube Video
- Find the video that you want to embed.
- Click on share, you will see the link just below the video.
- Copy the link as per the screenshot below
- Return to your post and paste the link into the WordPress editor where you want the video to appear.
You can do this for other video sources too, such as Vimeo. Easy peasy 🙂
Here is my link to Sir David Attenborough and the Baby Rhino (gorgeous!) but of course you can embed any video you want:
Embedding a Tweet
It is great to get positive feedback on Twitter and then be able to display that tweet like this:
Thank you Charlie, that is kind of you 🙂
— Tracey Rickard (@traceyrickard) August 16, 2017
1) Find the full URL (web address) for the Tweet – click on a Tweet and select the down arrow on the right, copy the link.
2) Return to your post and paste in the URL into the WordPress editor where you want the Tweet to appear. You can see the URL highlighted in blue in the screenshot below.
Credit & thanks to: Steph Yiu for her original post on this subject
Embedding a Facebook Post
1. Find the website address (URL) for the individual Facebook post. The easiest way to do this is to right click on the date and copy the link location.
2. Paste the URL into the WordPress post editor where you want your Facebook post to appear.
Web Design for Patara Viewpoint Hotel 🌴http://traceyrickard.co.uk/web-design-patara-viewpoint-hotel/
Embedding an Instagram Post
1. Find the website address (URL) for the individual post. The easiest way to do this is to right click on the date and copy the link location, much the same as Facebook.
2. Paste the URL into the WordPress post editor where you want your Instagram post to appear.