This is the Google analytics course created by Google themselves. I recommend this for anyone starting out with Google Analytics.
The course shows new users how to create an account, implement tracking code, and set up data filters. You’ll learn how to navigate the Google Analytics interface and reports, and set up dashboards and shortcuts.
I recommend that everyone goes through the first three sections, which will give you the best start and a great overview of the system.
Unit 1: Introducing Google Analytics
- Lesson 1: Why digital analytics?
- Lesson 2: How Google Analytics works
- Lesson 3: Google Analytics setup
- Lesson 4: How to set up views with filters
Unit 2: The Google Analytics layout
- Lesson 1: Navigating Google Analytics
- Lesson 2: Understanding overview reports
- Lesson 3: Understanding full reports
- Lesson 4: How to share reports
- Lesson 5: How to set up dashboards and shortcuts
Unit 3: Basic Reporting
- Lesson 1: Audience reports
- Lesson 2: Acquisition reports
- Lesson 3: Behavior reports
You don’t need to worry about this next section if you are not interested in paid advertising or sponsored pay per click listings.
Unit 4: Basic Campaign and Conversion Tracking
- Lesson 1: Measuring Custom Campaigns
- Lesson 2: Tracking campaigns with the URL Builder
- Lesson 3: Using Goals to measure business objectives
- Lesson 4: Measuring AdWords campaigns
- Lesson 5: Course review and next steps
Here’s the introduction video
You can register for the course here https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/course/6