If you are interested in optimising your website for Google you should make sure that you have added your Google My Business listing.
Google My Business connects you directly with customers, whether they’re looking for you on Search, Maps or Google+. It puts your business info on Search, Maps and Google+ so that customers can find you, no matter what device they’re using. Comprehensive listings allow easy access on all devices, phone numbers and essential information is right there. This also gives you a page on Google+, so people can rank you and share your listings across the web.
This will all go some way to increasing your SEO ranking (search engine optimisation).
Add Your My Business Listing
Go to: http://www.google.co.uk/business/ you will be able to claim and verify your business. https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?rd=1
Add your full listing details, make sure to complete all sections.
My Google+ Business Listing
You will note that I have added my logo and a background image. Google makes this very easy to do:
Add a profile photo to help your customers recognize your business on Google. Your profile photo will be featured next to your business name on your Google+ page. It should be a different photo from your business logo, which should be added in the “Logo” section.
Help: Creating your profile »
Also make sure you claim your business URL (unique website address) from Google:
- If there is a custom URL available for your account, you will see a banner below your name on your Plus profile.
- Click the link in the banner.
- You’ll see the custom URLs you can choose from. You may also need to add a few letters or numbers in the text box to make it unique to you.
- Next to “I agree with Terms of Service,” click the check box.
- Click Change URL.
- When you’re ready to add your custom URL to your profile, click Confirm.
My Google Business Listing in Google Search Results
Help on any other area of setting up your Business with Google support »