I get asked lots of questions about how to do things in the WordPress editor. Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Q: I cannot see all of the icons on the editor bar.
Click on the toggle toolbar icon as shown below.
Q: How do I add a single line break rather than a paragraph?
To add a new paragraph we press the return key.
To add a single line space (know as a soft return) press down the shift key and then press return.
Q: How do I add a line break or a horizontal line?
- Put your cursor where you want the line to appear
- Click on the Horizontal Line icon as indicated below.
- Your line will be added to the page. You can adjust the space above and below if you wish.
Q: How do I add an arrow or a special character?
It’s nice to add an arrow after a link like this: My link »
- Put your cursor where you want the character to appear.
- Click on the Special Character icon as shown below.
- Select the character you wish to use and it will be inserted.
Q: How do change the paragraph text to a heading?
- Click on the formatting box as shown below and select the format you wish to use.NB. It is very important that you do not use Heading 1 in your body text. Google hates it if Heading 1 appears more than once in a page. You can use the others as often as you like but use them naturally, as you would if you created a word document.
Lots more WordPress tips and tricks here »