WordPress lets you manage every part of your content from text to images to video embeds and more. You can add a link to an image during the upload process but it is very easy to add it later.
In order to add an image to your page or post, you must first insert your cursor in the place in the text where you want the image to appear. By placing your cursor within your text, you can add images inline with your content. You can also place your cursor on a blank line if you want the image to appear by itself instead.
Adding a link during image upload
- Click the Add Media button just above the WordPress post editor.
- Upload your image or select an image from the media library
- Add the title and alt text (the alt text is used to describe the contents of the photo for screen readers for the visually impaired. )
- At this point you can select CUSTOM LINK from the ‘Link To’ dropdown and paste in your link.
- Insert the image to your post and you are all done.
Add a link later to an existing image
- Select your image in the post by clicking on it.
- Then click on the link icon in the panel just above – it looks like a paperclip.
- Add your link to the popup box and press return. Your link will be added to the image.
NOTE: If you would like the link to open in a new window click on the cog icon at the far right of the link popup box.
Tick the ‘Open link in a new Window/Tab’ checkbox.
Click on Add Link and you are done.
Don’t forget to click on the blue update button in the top right of the WordPress editor when you are done.